Saturday, March 25, 2006

Snow in California



Last weekend I was able to go away for a night with the Talbot Wives Fellowship for a restful retreat. We drove to Idyllwild (Elev. 6000 ft) and discovered at least a couple of feet of snow with more on the way. For those of us who really don't get a winter here in So. California it was a very nice change to enjoy the cold, wet and white snow. I was able to spend several hours in solitude just reading and watching the snow fall with an occasional bird flying by my window. Sunday morning dawned clear and bright, several of us went out for a walk to appreciate a side of nature we don't normally get.

4 comments:

  1. Watching snow fall is one of the most relaxing things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous location! Wish I could've been there too! Glad you could go and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad its SNOW. I'm glad I don't see it during the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Debbie!! A cuppa and a warm blankie and a big window to watch. Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete